Saturday, May 2, 2009

Yesterday was another stressful day. My newest smallest girl kid seemed to be going downhill. She wouldn't suckle and only wanted to sleep. I couldn't figure out what would cause such a thing when she had been doing so well. I called the vet , who was out of town. That office also informed me that 2 other vets did not see goats. So I called Kathy. She was very helpful and advised me to get some fresh goat milk. So I called Liz and got some fresh goat milk that also had colostrum in it!

At 2pm, Little Bones, had stopped eating and started sleeping. I had tried to feed her several times but she would just go back to sleep. About 7pm, I got the goat milk and at 8 pm I managed to get a few gulps down her. At 10pm, she started suckling again. Then she started walking around again! Boy, was I happy! Today, she has been alert and walking and making noise. She even walked toward me when I called and wanted to feed her.

It is late now, about 10:30pm. So I will write more again later. Many thanks to Kathy and Liz for their help and support and Thanks to Dennis too, because if he hadn't been home, I wouldn't have been able to get the milk!

No comments:

Post a Comment