Sunday, May 24, 2009

The rain finally disappeared today. It got up to around 94 degrees but there was a good cool breeze so it didn't seem so hot. The pool was still a bit shocking to dive into but also refreshing.

The goats and alpacas seemed pretty comfortable. They weren't over-consuming water or hiding in the shade all day. Falkor was up on his hind legs trying to gobble up the new mesquite leaves that are hanging over his pen. Little Bones didn't have to be confined to the inside of the barn to keep her from over heating. Mouth and Bold-Fresh are done whining about being wethers. I don't think they will miss those little parts of their anatomy overly much!

Tomorrow is Memorial Day. I hope you will all have a great day and remember all those who served to keep our country free and safe. I always think of my own Father who served in the Korean War, and my husband, who gave 20 years of his life to the Air Force.


No comments:

Post a Comment