Monday, May 11, 2009

Hi Y'all. Sorry I have been away so long. Sometimes it gets crazy around here and I don't get to the computer.

First I should say that I am still feeding Mouth 3 times a day. On the advice of several friends and acquaintances, I have decided to bottle feed all the kids until they are 12 weeks old at least. Mouth was put back on real goat milk today so I will be visiting my new milk source more often. Both of the angora kids are getting 4 feedings a day and getting cuter by the minute. Little Bones was leaping and frisking all over her pen today. So fun to watch healthy kids perform their crazy antics!

I was able to contact my new shearer today too. He is in Sacramento today but plans on returning to Tucson soon. He informed me that, due to his trip to CA., he is really backlogged in his schedule. He asked me to leave my name and number and promised to call me once he returns to AZ. I sincerely hope that he will be able to fit in this little farm soon. If not I have one other option. A neighbor has offered to help and maybe show me how to shear myself. What a load off that would be! I could shear whenever I was ready and, boy, would it be cheap! Ha!

I don't know how real farmers keep their heads above water financially. Some of them even make money! I hope to make some money selling the kids. I would like to sell my fleece too. I suppose I should get busy and post stuff on ebay or craig's list or something. Maybe after the kids are done bottle feeding I will get to that. There is so much to do and so many things need to be fixed or built around here. I've had people tell me they are bored at home all day and that is why they work. Well, I am never bored and I have more to do than there are hours in the day. Sometimes I get discouraged because there are so many things that MUST be done that I have trouble finding time to do the things I want to do. One thing though, I am very thankful that I no longer have to punch a time clock. Another thing, I am thankful that I no longer live in a development. I am thankful for all my animals and my family. And thanks to all of you who read this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment