Tuesday, July 21, 2009

We had a nice surprise on Sunday. We have one little white hen. She is probably 5 years old now. She disappeared for awhile. I thought she was hiding away to die, but, nope! She was hiding away to hatch her two new baby chicks! They are so cute. They are both little yellow puff balls. One is a darker yellow than the other. The mom has moved them all back in with the rest of the chickens. She is a very protective mom and I think they have a chance of growing up. I have had chickens that killed the chicks but I think those chickens have passed away now.

The two big dogs had a squabble tonight over a frog of all things! I think Lux, my daughter's collie mix, wanted to eat the frog and Buddy probably wanted to protect the ugly thing! We've had quite a few big green frogs this year. They are the biggest frogs I've ever seen. You wouldn't think there would be frogs in the desert, but they show up every year when the monsoon hits. And they make the creepiest frog noise. I don't even know how to describe it. When I first heard it, I thought a cow was dying somewhere. They have some kind of protective coating too. If the dogs lick the frogs or bite them, the dogs start foaming at the mouth. Not pretty! I don't think it tastes too good either. The dogs don't look too happy and they don't do it again.

We had to go to Tucson today for doctor appointments. One was at 10:30 and the other wasn't until 3 so we went shopping. I fell in love with a big Ford truck! That truck could haul lots of hay! Maybe some day....

No comments:

Post a Comment