Thursday, July 23, 2009

This morning is is gray and gloomy and COOL! Cool is great but it won't last.

Last night my three pygora kids got out of their little pasture. They were wondering around the front yard bleating and bleating really loudly! They didn't know what to do with themselves. It was dark of course. I managed to get them back in their pasture but they proceeded to try to jump right out again through their feed box. So I'm pushing their heads back, trying to keep the three of them inside the box and yelling at the top of my lungs for Steve. All the windows in the house are opened and I'm thinking, he will never hear me! So I kept on yelling and pushing goats and getting stabbed with sharp little horns and bitten by sharp little teeth and finally Steve came out. H'e carrying the grandbaby! Yikes! No help there. Then grandbaby's mom comes out! Hallelujah! So while Grandpa holds the baby and the flashlight, Sara and I get the lid back on the box and weigh it down with rocks and bricks! They are still in the pasture this morning with the lid in place. It will have to be fixed more permanately of course. Something always needs fixing on a farm. The cuts and scapes on my hands from moving rocks and boards and sharp little teeth will heal by themselves. Thank God for small favors!

No comments:

Post a Comment