Saturday, July 18, 2009

Today I got grocery shopping done. For once I didn't spend more than I planned! So we will have food for us and the animals for the next 2 weeks at least.

We had a beautiful hot sunny day. We spent some time outside watering plants and digging up weeds. This evening while we were outside we had 2 carloads of surprise visitors. The guy who is buying my kids came by with some of his family to see the goats. He seems excited about having them and promised to pick them up in 2 weeks. He also gave me some more money for their care for that time. I showed him what we feed them, the bermuda hay and the blend pellets of alfalfa and bermuda. I also gave him a goat care book. It is mostly about dairy goats but it should be some help. The visitors were excited about the alpacas too. Of course, they thought they were llamas. Tinker was his usual curious self and almost let everyone touch him. Prince high-tailed it as far away as he could get! Ha! And Buddy about scared the pants off everyone when he came tearing around the fence toward them. He would never hurt anyone but his size is enough to make anyone think twice about approaching him.

I am glad the kids will be going soon but I will also miss them. I hope they have a good new home.

No comments:

Post a Comment