Wednesday, July 15, 2009

I finally got my pictures of the tarantula back. There have been several in the yard since I took those first pictures.

The hummingbirds are here in full force too. I watched several of them at the feeders yesterday. They are aggressive little birds and want that feeder all to themselves. They chase each other away as well as other birds. The baby swallows are as big as the adults now and have flown the coop. I cannot tell the babies from the grownups anymore. I wonder if there will be another crop of babies before they head south for the winter. One year there were 3 different sets of eggs and or babies by the end of summer.

I took some pictures of the alpacas from whom I have gotten fleece. I hope to use these pictures to help sell the fleece, as well as pictures of my own two boys. I have been reluctant and apprehensive about getting my business going. An old friend, who recently reconnected with me, sent me a story about another lady who started with alpacas when she was 60! So, his message was, GO for it! Ha! I make things too complicated. So now, in my spare time, (yeah right!) I will process my fleece and make bags of rolags to sell. If that goes well then I will take the next step. Rolags are rolls of washed fleece that have been hand-carded and made into fleece that is ready to spin into yarn. Hopefully, most if not all, of the "vegetable matter" has fallen out in the process and it is soft and comfortable to spin and turn into garments and other useful things. I also have to by a scale because fleece is sold by weight. Anyway, I have to try to keep it simple for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment