Saturday, February 13, 2010

Today it is like spring! The mesquite trees have new buds on them and I saw a new tiny lizard crawling on the side of the house. I tried to get a picture of a big red cardinal in the mesquite tree out front. I guess I moved too close and he flew away. There are birds everywhere. It is still and warm. Steve says we'll be swimming by the end of the week! It is wishful thinking, of course!

People have been sending quite a few emails about our country, asking for prayers and awareness. I heard a guy on"Glen Beck" today. He was one of those financial wizards or economists. He says we are headed for financial disaster and it is already starting in Greece. I guess the people are rioting in the streets there protesting the massive increase in their taxes and more government bureaucracy. The financial guy says we should all be preparing. We should be thinking about and preparing to protect our families, take care of our own and do things like growing our own food and figuring out what we can make that others will want to buy. He thinks there will be chaos here too and that we should prepare. Pretty scary stuff that some of us have been thinking about for a long time. It is just the first time I heard someone on TV actually say it. The worst is not behind us as some would have us believe.

So I really do need to get some more laying hens. They can be meat and eggs. I don't know about getting any cows or dairy goats but maybe getting one or the other might not be a bad idea. There are plenty of rabbits and quail around here too. A little target practice may be in order. And I'm already thinking about what to plant in my garden this year. I need to get some good top soil and potting soil. I've got plenty of fertilizer already, though, so no expense there! Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment