Thursday, February 25, 2010

Today I took a day off and went to town. My daughter drove and we took her daughter, 2 year old Eden, and my other daughter's 2 year old son, Logan. We went to the fabric store and to the mall for lunch and to let the kids play at the mall playground. I only bought gifts for the kids and some birthday gifts for Jacob, who will be turning 8 next month.

The day was fairly warm and sunny until we returned home. Then the wind kicked up big time. I guess the next big winter storm front is on the way for the weekend.

I spent a bunch of money at the feed store this afternoon. I had to throw away the last 3 bales of bermuda hay Steve bought. The rain we had turned the hay all black and moldy, not fit for consumption by animals or humans! Ha! We had to replace the hay, buy dog food and two kinds of pellets, one for the goats and one for the alpacas. I really don't see how people feed an alpaca for only $10 a month if they live in Arizona. Maybe they buy the hay by the truck load or something.

I spent the time between getting home from town and getting dinner, cleaning the old moldy bales out of the barn and sweeping up the floor afterwards. The wind was so bad that I could not sweep the hay out of the barn. It would've blown straight back in my face. So I picked up the heavy slices of hay in each bale and threw them out the door. The stuff left on the floor, I either raked or swept into one of the empty stalls. It will have to be removed on a day with less wind.

I got my blood test results back from my doctor today. My cholesterol is up in spite of the fact that I am on drugs for it. I will have to go back on a stricter diet and exercise more. Such a drag! I love to eat and I hate to exercise! Isn't raising your hand to your mouth and chewing exercise???? LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment