Monday, February 8, 2010

I am glad the Saints won the Superbowl, but I sure was disappointed with the commercials this year. They all seemed to be crude or rude! Our family had a good time together and with all the good food, I'm afraid I stuffed myself! So much for dieting!

Today I felt mostly tired. I watched the grand kids this morning and went shopping for Valentines after my daughter got home from school. None of the stores had what I was looking for so I guess I will have to go further afield.

I am afraid the rain made the lice hatch out on the goats. They are all scratching themselves with their horns. This seems to be a regular occurrence with angora goats and I don't know how to prevent it. I put Ivomec solution on them after they are sheared but it doesn't work very well when they have a nearly full fleece. Maybe I will try a powder I have to give them some relief until shearing next month.

I cannot believe it is nearly shearing time again. I hope to send my alpaca fleece to be processed into yarn or blankets this time. I will probably have to send my mohair to a different mill than the alpaca fleece or just sell it outright.

Today I got an email from the Alpaca Owners and Breeders Association. They are giving subscriptions to the Alpaca Magazine with farm membership again. They were making you pay $50 for the magazine and an additional fee for membership in the organization. I stopped getting the magazine because of the cost when they separated it from the membership. Now that the magazine is included again, I may use my farm business account to reapply for membership. I love getting the magazine. It is so full of interesting information about the alpaca world.

No comments:

Post a Comment