Monday, August 10, 2009

Wow, wow, wow!! We have been invaded by hummingbirds! I have never seen so many in one place and it is our place! Ha! I have 3 feeders hanging on the front patio. I have seen as many as 6 birds at a feeder at once with others darting about the other two feeders. It is almost impossible to count the little suckers. They are hardly ever still and, boy, are they fast! They are like little helicopters waiting in line to take off. They charge each other to get their time at the feeder. Of course, I was only able to get pictures of one at a time. I am surprised I got the pictures I did. They are different colors and patterns. Some are brown or grayish. Others have a solid dark head. And I did see one with a ruby iridescent throat. It is a real blast to watch them and hear the noise they make, chirping,as well as the whirrrrrrrrrrrr of their wings. Awesome!

I also got a few pictures of my white hen and her chicks and our big rooster.

We are about to get slammed with a big noisy storm so I will post more later.

No comments:

Post a Comment