Friday, August 21, 2009

After waiting for 6 weeks to hear from the guy I ordered fence panels from, I canceled my order this week. I think some people think that because you order a small amount of something or you are not a big farm you aren't worth their time and effort. Oh well, his loss.

We lost one of the baby chicks this week too. He got injured somehow and then I think Falkor stepped on him. I think the one that is still well is a female, which is good. Yet another reason for chickens to have their own pen instead of being in with bigger animals.

The mesquite trees have been loaded down with some weird beetles lately. The beetles are big and heavy. They are very unusual looking and I wish I could get a picture for you. Someone said they might be Palo Verde beetles, but I haven't a clue what they are.

The monsoon seems to be back. I hear thunder now and yesterday we got a nice little rain. We need more rain , lots more.

No comments:

Post a Comment