Friday, August 7, 2009

The weatherman says the monsoon is disappearing. It is too early and we haven't had enough rain. This morning seems cooler than usual. Could fall be coming already?

I am a little disappointed because a loan we were hoping for has been turned down. There is still a chance that another lender will approve one, but I am wondering if maybe it is just not the time to get into more debt. I have to get busy and start my business officially. I keep hoping for a big windfall but maybe that isn't what I should be hoping for. I think I should learn to find victory in small accomplishments.

The goats are crying out for their breakfast. Falkor was trying to climb the fence for mesquite leaves this morning. The alpacas were the only ones who seemed relaxed. They were lounging in their shelter chewing their cuds. Buddy is especially enjoying the cool morning. He is especially frisky and I had to keep telling him not to jump on me! He's pretty good about backing off and running across the yard instead. I can tell he'd really like to just land his big feet on my shoulders and give me a big wet doggy kiss. He weighs as much as I do though and I'd probably end up flat on my back screaming, "Help me, I've fallen and I can't get up"! Not a pretty picture, funny ,maybe, but not pretty.

The hummingbirds have been very active too. I've seen several at the feeders lately. They should be getting ready to migrate soon. So should the swallows. I will know that fall is really here once the hummingbirds and the swallows are gone. I saw several bats last night. We have a big "security" light in the back yard between the house and the barn. I could see bats darting in and out of the light catching moths and other flying critters. Sometimes bats like to feast at the hummingbird feeders too. I think bigger fruit bats do that. Once they discover the hummingbird feeders, they can empty a feeder in one night. They also splatter the red sugar water all over the side of the house and spill lots on the ground. I haven't noticed that happening yet this year. I just refilled the feeders and so far none has been emptied in one night.

It is 7am. I usually get everyone fed by this time so I'd better get it in gear. Lots to do today!

No comments:

Post a Comment