Saturday, August 29, 2009

It is nice and cool this morning, about 66 degrees. The weatherman said it would only get down to 77 in Tucson. So maybe we will only hit 96 degrees today instead of 106 predicted for Tucson.

The hummingbirds are going crazy around the feeders this morning. Trying to count them could make one insane. They never stop moving and they all look pretty much alike. I try to count them in groups but even then I am never sure. I think there may have been about 15 of them here this morning.

Buddy is still not over the snake incident. I had to provide another bucket of water for him away from where the snake was. He seemed to rest OK last night and he is himself this morning except for not going near the old water bucket. It must've been a very close all for him. I didn't see the snake the first time either. They blend in pretty well with the rocks and the terrain around here. Steve did get the rattle last night while I was doing the dishes.

Today we are celebrating our oldest daughter's birthday. I still have to get a few things at the grocery store. Last night I cut up chicken and beef into chucks to put on shish-ka-bob sticks. I soaked them over night in a mixture of soy sauce and pineapple juice. Today we will put the meat on skewers along with vegetables like peppers, mushrooms and pearl onions and pineapple chunks. I will cook up some wild rice and make a fruit salad. I also bought a tub of margarita mix. It should be a good time!

No comments:

Post a Comment