Thursday, August 13, 2009

It rained all day today. It was like tropical weather. We need the rain and it cooled things off. I do hate the wet sloppy ground. All the animals get soaked, the pellets disinigrate and the hay turns to green mash. It takes forever for everything to dry out when we've had 1 to 2 inches of rain in a day. I hope none of the goats get pneumonia. I don't know why they get all wet. They all have a perfectly dry shelter to stay in.

I am on my last gallon of goat milk for Little Bones and Little Buck. They are only getting a bottle in the morning now. So when this gallon is gone, that's it, the end of bottle feeding this year! Thank goodness! If I get any more does, I hope they will be able to feed their kids themselves. I'll have to get tried and true does. It would be nice to get a couple of bred does so that if they had girl kids, I could eventually breed them all back to Falkor. I haven't decided if I will breed Falkor and Caramel again. I have plenty of time to decide. The breeding season for goats is from September through December. If I do breed Caramel again I know I will have to bottle feed the kids.

The thing is if you raise and bottle feed kids, it is difficult to let them go to new homes. And waiting for kids to be born, well, that about kills me too. Anyway, like I said, I don't have to decide yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment