Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Here we are a week into August already!  I finally managed to catch one of those big green frogs in the daylight so we could get a picture.  Lux seems to have finally (maybe) learned that they are not good to eat or play with.  I yelled at her to leave this one alone and she actually did!  The animals continually amaze me at their understanding of my words.  

We have been having lots of monsoon rain.  This year is a little different from previous years in my opinion.  The storms seem to be arriving very late in the day and then spewing their wrath on us all night. The conditions seem to be absolutely perfect for the flys this year.  The turkey pen is the worst.  And the smell in there from the fly trap is, well, not very nice to say the least.  I really don't know how to get rid of the nasty pests.  

The monsoon is supposed to slack off a bit this week so our temps will be soaring back up to 106*.  I really hope it doesn't get that hot especially since it is still pretty humid.  I guess I cannot complain when I consider other places in the world that are having much worse conditions right now, like Pakistan.  At least I have shelter and many other amenities that make life easy.  I am grateful for all that I have.

I am getting 2 blankets and 2 scarves from the Alpaca Blanket Project since I sent them my fleece.  I will post pictures as soon as I get them.  I am excited about that.

I am going to California in two days to visit a friend.  We will be staying in San Francisco for the first 2 nights and then going to her home in Chico.  I am looking forward to our visit, seeing SF again and getting away for a few days.  I plan on taking pictures and will post them here when I get back.  Bon Voyage!

No comments:

Post a Comment