Monday, August 23, 2010

It is hotter than blue blazes!  And at 1pm, the thunderheads are building up and making their presence known already.  We probably won't get to swim today and maybe not the rest of the week as this monsoon weather is predicted to run all week.  

Steve and I have discussed it and this weekend I bit the bullet and put the goats up for sale on Craig s List Tucson.  I hope they sell before shearing time as I do not want to incur that expense again if I can avoid it.  I also decided to try to sell Prince since he is the one alpaca who cannot get along with the others.  Then I will put Stewie back in with the other boys in the back pasture.  Prince has the best conformation and better fleece than Tinker so he would be a better herdsire for anyone looking for one.  The ad will post for 45 days. If you want to check it out, you can go to www.tucson.craigslist.org.  I did post some nice pictures on there.

I also discovered that the people who hold our pool loan no longer do business in Arizona.  That is probably the reason we were not able to refinance our house once again.  The only way to get out of the loan and refinance it with the house is to pay it off with another loan here in Arizona.  It really sucks especially since our appraisal came back too low to cover the house and the pool.  So I will continue to pay as much as possible and hope that the economy and the housing market recover soon. 

While watching my grandchildren the other night, I watched the movie "Marley and Me" on TV.  Those people had no clue about training their dog!  It was an interesting and funny movie except for the sad ending.  You can probably figure out how it ended as it was a dog movie.  Anyway, the guy earned his living by writing columns and just telling about his everyday life and Marley of course.  I often wish that I could earn money that way.  Any one like this column enough to promote it?  HA!   

Enjoy the thunderheads!

No comments:

Post a Comment