Friday, August 27, 2010

It has been rainy and miserable about every day this week.  I am tired of the humidity and wet pens and hay.  The flys!  Oh MY GOSH!  I will be glad when this monsoon season is over.  

I got 2 aprons made this week.  I got grocery shopping done today.  I must be saturated with the news as well as I can barely stand to watch it lately.  I have not had one phone call about the ads I put on Craig's List.  I think everyone is trying to sell animals and no one is buying because of the economy.  No one knows if they would be able to feed them or not.  So Sad!  Unfortunately, I don't think we've seen the worst.  I think that the worst is still ahead.

We looked at a really cute little house in Benson that is for sale yesterday.  The people have done a really good job fixing it up and making it a nice home.  They want top dollar of course, even though it has been on the market for months.  There are some houses around here that have been on the market for years.  No one wants to lower their asking price but appraisals are not matching those asking prices so no one can get a loan for the houses.  It is a vicious cycle!

There is not much to report on the animals.  The turkeys and chickens continue to grow bigger every day.  The goats fleece is getting longer and heavier and muddier and, well, I just don't want to even think about shearing it or washing it.  Maybe it won't be so bad in a month or so, when the rain stops, if the rain stops....

I got a lot of dead hair off of Buddy.  He looks white again instead of reddish brown form the dirt around here.  He still needs a good grooming and some hair shaved off.  He is rusty around the edges.  His tail is hopeless and will definitely have to be shaved.  He looks so funny when his tail is shaved.  The worst part is he is self conscious about it!  He really knows he looks funny!  Poor dog!

Tomorrow I plan to go to Tucson and check out some of the store I haven't been to in awhile.  I am starting to get the bug to decorate for fall.  I love all the autumn colors and richness.  It won't take long for things to change around here once the monsoon stops and the rain dries up, if the rain dries up...

No comments:

Post a Comment