Sunday, September 13, 2009

Our trip to the great state of Oregon was pleasant and unmarked by any travel difficulties. Thank goodness! We mostly ate too much good food and slept alot. We got to visit all the relatives and had a couple of family get -togethers to mark nieces and great nieces birthdays. Overall, a very nice visit.

Upon returning to Arizona, we learned that we missed the most rain we have had all monsoon season this year. My daughters said that it rained for 3 days straight. Now everything is greener than it was when we left and some of the weeds finally got fence high. It is still rather humid and damp feeling. The weatherman says this is the last of the monsoon this year. We shall see. The rain or the season has cooled the temperature somewhat. We have only been in the 90's since we got home. That is a relief.

All the animals are fine and didn't seem to miss us too much. My daughters did a good job of taking care of them. I missed all of them though, especially the dogs. We saw "Beverly Hills Chihuahua" while we were away, a very cute movie. It made me homesick for my dogs and all the animals.

Now that we are home, there is a lot to do. I need to schedule the goat shearing for next month and start thinking about the holidays. I'm wondering also if the neighbors are planning a community yard sale this fall. I may have to be part of that this year just to get rid of STUFF, Or maybe sell some fleece.

No comments:

Post a Comment