Friday, September 18, 2009

I love the fall here in Southern Arizona! The nights and mornings are very cool and the days are warm and sunny. The wind has picked up again and seems to blow non-stop. This morning it was coming straight out of the east, a good sign that the monsoon is over.

The animals seem to enjoy the cooler temperatures too. Buddy and Lux raced and played all over the yard this morning. I had to remind Buddy not to jump on me, he was so exuberant! The alpacas ran up and down their pasture. The goats play fight and leap around. The goats will have to be sheared again soon. They produce so much fleece that they need shearing every six months. The alpacas won't be ready til the spring.

The hummingbird feeders are empty again this morning. Maybe I won't fill them again since it is fall. The bats and the hummingbirds should be leaving for warmer winter skies soon.

My workroom is cooler now. I have started sewing fall curtains. The fabric is a simple cotton print of fall leaves. They are simple rod pocket panels so I hope to finish them in a couple of days and get them up by the "official" start of fall on the 22nd. After that I will finish some projects for Christmas and do some spinning. It would be nice to get enough yarn spun to make more hats for family members this year. So, I'd better get busy before my grandson wakes up from his nap!

No comments:

Post a Comment