Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Wow! It is a beautiful morning! There was one of Arizona's famous "sun dogs" in the sky as the sun came up. We finally had a really good thunderstorm and significant rain yesterday. Everything is wet and cool this morning. The goats hate it! Buddy loves it. He's all wet and smelling like a dog. He loves the damp and coolness. He's a little muddy too and wants to share all his good feelings with me by rubbing his head against me. So now I smell like a wet dog too, HA!

I ordered the panels and gate I need to make Falkor's new pen. They should arrive in 3 weeks or less. The dealer sounded like an older gentleman and wasn't too sure about when the truck would arrive. That is OK though, at least I know they will be here eventually.

I rescued the first tarantula I have seen this year from Falkor's water bucket yesterday morning. The poor thing looked pretty bedraggled and I wasn't sure that she would survive. I just fished her out and put her on the ground to see what would happen and went about feeding everyone as usual. After I fed Buddy I noticed that the spider had moved so then I got the dustpan to move her further away from Buddy and the cats. I put her out by the goat pasture and took a couple of pictures. I will post the pictures later. She wandered off into the grass and underbrush. I usually don't like spiders much but I cannot bring myself to squash tarantulas. They are so huge and awesome.

The chickens are out of feed and the animal crackers are almost gone. Guess I'll be making a trip to the store today. Maybe I'll go all the way to Sierra Vista and have lunch with Steve.

No comments:

Post a Comment