Friday, December 24, 2010

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas Eve!

I woke up to fog and frost.  It was about 27 degrees.  The sun was shining through and eventually the fog cleared.  I got a good picture, a bright white layer of fog between us and the Whetstone Mountains.  

I wrapped more gifts and cleaned.  Then I prepared food for our traditional Christmas Eve party.  Our spread was impressive if I say so myself.  I did have help from my daughters.  One made meatballs and a fruit platter with sweet dip.  She also brought crackers and seafood dips.  My second daughter made salmon bruchetta and cookies.  We also had cream cheese tortilla roll-ups, b-b-q'd little smokies, chilled shimp with cocktail sauce, a vegetable platter and petit fours.  I think that was everything.

We let the kids open their stockings.  Then we ate and ate a little more.  Then we sorted gifts and opened gifts for the people who were here.  Sorting was not an easy task.  For a poor economic year I feel that we are blessed.  I could not believe the gifts under the tree.  Praise the Lord!  

Tomorrow we will have a traditional sit down Christmas dinner.  I will use the "good" China!  I try to use it at least twice a year, Christmas and Thanksgiving.  It is only supposed to get down to 32 degrees tonight.  Should be a little warm up spot for Santa and the reindeer.  Our grandson put out cookies for Santa and reindeer food too.  How could Santa miss?

Hope you all have a very Merry Christmas and May God bless you each and every one!

No comments:

Post a Comment