Friday, December 17, 2010

At 6:45 it is still dark outside.  We had rain most of the night but it seems to be clear this morning.  


Tinker took a turn for the worse.  Last night when I went out to feed the animals, I could not find Tinker.  After I fed the other two boys I searched for him.  He was standing on the east side of the barn behind the board we put up to help keep the weather out.  His head was nearly on the ground and he was sort of swaying back and forth making a noise almost like a moo instead of the alpaca hum.  He did not jump away when I touched him nor did he seem aware that I was near.  I came inside and called the vet.  They cannot do anything until Monday.  


I figure Tinker is either in so much pain that he cannot function or the cancer or whatever ails him has invaded his brain.  Either way, we are done.  I had Steve go out with me to give Tinker an injection of pain killer that I had left from his foot injury.  I will continue to give him that until we take him to the vet for the final time.  Sometimes we do not get to keep our own timetable.  I do not want Tinker to suffer any more no matter how it hurts me to have to let him go before Christmas.  


I guess it is light enough to get the chores done now and check on Tinker again.

No comments:

Post a Comment