Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!  I hope you all stuffed your faces and had a great day!  I got up at the usual time, about 5:30 and got the turkey stuffed and in the oven by 7 am.  The scent of snow was definitely in the air and heavy gray clouds scuddled over the mountain behind us.  We remained cool and windy all day but no rain or snow.  I was indoors most of the day preparing for our 2 pm feast.  

We did not sacrifice one of our tom turkey although, the way they were fighting tonight, we probably should have.  I yelled at them when they chased me at feeding time!  I said, "You silly old birds!  You don't know how lucky you are to still be chasing me today!"  Then I took their pictures.  Of course, they never stay still for that so I chopped off one of their heads (only in the picture) so you can see his beautiful tail display.  

The cool weather makes the dogs frisky and playful.  Yes, they really are just playing.  Buddy's neck hair is so thick, Lux couldn't hurt him if she tried but the picture is pretty cool.  


I am thankful for our family, our friends and our animals.  I'm grateful that Steve has a job, that we have a roof over our heads and that we have everything we really need.  I feel blessed and happy.  I am also glad that all my hard work is done for today and that Thanksgiving is now another year away!  On to Christmas!  May God bless you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment