Sunday, April 11, 2010

Today is a nearly perfect Arizona Day.  It is sunny and about 90 degrees.  A few white puffy clouds dot the sky.  Steve and I have done a lot of work this weekend.

Yesterday Steve cleaned all the pastures and pens as usual.  And he also cleaned out the inside of the goat barn and put all new bedding down for the goats.  I must say it is a much nicer experience going into the goat barn now! Ha!  I cleaned all the water buckets, scrubbing them out with bleach.

Then today we dug up weeds all over the yard and took them out of the rock garden in the front yard.  I planted flowers that I got for Easter.  I dug holes and added potting mix, planted pansies and pink daisies and watered them.  Then I put small rocks from the yard all around the new plants to help preseve the water and, hopefully, keep them alive until they start growing.

I noticed that my one and only apple tree has blossoms on it.  My son gave it to me for my birthday last year.  I try to water it but sometimes I forget so I was surprised that it is doing well enough to produce buds.  Now I will be more vigilant with the water.  

The hummingbirds, orioles and swallows have returned.  I also saw a sparrow hawk the other day.  I thought it was a swallow at first but it was too big.  It landed on the saguaro out front.  That is when I got a good look at it.  It is a beautiful raptor and I wish I had gotten a picture.  In the bird book, it is called a "Kestral" or a sparrow hawk.

I got some of my projects together that I plan on putting up for sale on my Etsy site soon.  I will post some of them here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment