Thursday, April 8, 2010

Saguaro Hill Alpacas will soon have fleece for sale and rolags for spinners.  I will also be making aprons and pillows.  I will post pictures as the items become available.  

I have set dates for myself to accomplish some tasks and goals.  I do not want to waste any more time getting my business going.  I don't know exactly why I have not done more sooner except that I am always "waiting" for the right time or more money or just to get over being a little scared of the whole business concept.  NO MORE WAITING!  

I also must order some things for the new goat kids that we are expecting at the end of the month or early next month.  I need new bottles and nipples and will probably order some new colostrum powder, just in case.  I do have some frozen colostrum from last year.  I am starting to get excited about the new babies coming.  I wonder if they will be does or bucks and if they will be white or colored this time.  I have no doubt there will be two again.  That will be enough for me to worry about this year.  We had too many last year.

Steve is planning on putting a new pen in for Falkor.  I would like to locate it in the pen with the younger bucks.  Steve will build Falkor his own shelter too.  That way we can use the pens in the goat barn for does with kids in the future.  I hope to buy two more does this year.  I am also thinking of purchasing another male alpaca.  I would like to get a white one or a silver gray.  We'll have to see.  

It is nice to write these plans down.  It makes things clearer to me and gives me things to work toward.

No comments:

Post a Comment