Thursday, April 22, 2010

Today Donald escaped from his pen.  He surprised himself.  He was stretching and reaching over the fence for the new green leaves on the young pomegranate tree just outside his fence.  I think the fence caved and he just flipped over it.  It doesn't really matter how he got out, he did and he wanted to keep on doing it.  Lil Buck wasn't quick enough to follow and I managed to keep him in even while trying to figure out how to barricade the fence until Steve can put up new poles in the saggy part.  

I put a 4 by 8 piece of plywood against the fence, then placed the big black trash cans against that.  Even with all this I still had to use the hose and squirt the boys in the face to keep them away from the fence.  So far so good.  They don't like getting hosed.

Then the weather turned totally horrid!  The wind picked up and blew black clouds and cold temperatures in.  It rained and forced all the animals to seek shelter.  We may get snow tonight.  I did see it slowly creeping down the mountain side behind us.  And here I thought winter was over and I'd be complaining about the heat soon!

I bought some more fabric and some stationary items I needed to finish projects for my Etsy site.  I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow but, hopefully, I will get it done this weekend.  


I also discovered that my knee is pretty messed up and I am going to an orthopedic surgeon soon.  So looks like I will be having two surgeries fairly soon.  I hope it will be after Caramel's kids are born and growing pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment