Monday, April 26, 2010

At 9 am, it is about 84 degrees, sunny and NOT WINDY, for once!  I have already fed the animals, taken my grandson to my daughter's house, washed and hung clothes out and answered my email! WHEU!  I also took some more photographs for this blog and to print for card making.  This is the week I have determined to get my Etsy store online, so I will be working on that today too.

We lost one of our old hens yesterday.  She was a big Americuna with red feathers.  She was about 5 years old and died peacefully in the pasture.  No critters got her.  I am thankful for all our animals and this hen gave us many eggs in her lifetime.  Thank you Red Hen.

We also had a little adrenaline rush yesterday while we were sitting outside after supper.  A huge swarm of honey bees buzzed over the pool.  We all jumped up with the intent of grabbing the kids and heading inside, but they had already headed down the hill and off of the property.  We sat down again but some of us were a little edgy and kept hearing buzzing sounds!  Arizonans are very careful around bees.  We have been warned to assume all bees in Arizona are killer bees and to act accordingly.  We don't mess around with bees or snakes here.  We might end up dead!

The yucca plants all around us are in full bloom.  I took some pictures on our property and off.  There were quite a few on the hill behind us but the neighborhood cattle herd decided to eat them all.  I tried to get pictures of the cattle but the sun was so bright and I could only see my own reflection when I was shooting.  They didn't turn out the way I would have liked.  I was pleasantly surprised taking pictures on our property this morning when I came across a very small cactus with big pink blooms on it.  I think it may be one that is native to this area only.  I'll have to do some research.  Until I find out what it is you can enjoy the photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment