Sunday, January 31, 2010

I just finished reading my friend, Liz's blog. My goodness! She is such a talented quilter! All of the pictures of the quilts she made are just fabulous! So much work she put in to them! Amazing. I am only an amateur quilter. I make pillows and do some applique on my machine. Everyone always says my pillows are beautiful but no one wants to pay for them, except once I sold two in a yard sale for $5 each. The fabric was worth more than that.

All of my friends are great achievers. I often feel inadequate next to them. There is Kathy who has a fabulous ranch and yarn store. And Margaret who has a fabulous huge alpaca ranch. And Markel, who rescues dachshunds and provides a home for 15-20 dachshunds of her own. My sister is an excellent equestrian and has her own jewelry business. And then there's me. I have a small alpaca and goat farm. I have not sold any fleece or made it into anything yet. I am learning to spin and I can sew but I have not gotten my business off the ground hardly. Sometimes this gets me down but then I remind myself that my friends have more time to devote to these things. I am still providing a home for some of my children and grand children. My husband still works a full time job and does not have all the time in the world to help on the farm. I do not have many open hours that I can devote to the animals or my business. I am still watching small children much of the time and cooking and cleaning and ironing and all the things I did when my kids were little. So I figure I am doing what I am supposed to be doing and trying to get a little of what I want to be doing in as well. I am grateful for my family and all my friends who give me so much inspiration. You go girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment