Wednesday, January 20, 2010

We had a very nasty storm last night as the weatherman predicted. I woke up about 2 a.m. The wind was blasting at 50 mph and the rain was coming in horizontally. The goats all hid in the barn, as did the alpacas. It is a good thing we opened up their barn because they had to get on the east side to get out of the rain. Prince and Stewie did not fare as well in their little shelter. They were both soaked this morning. It looked like the chickens repossessed the new shelter. I could not find Buddy. I think he must've hidden on the east side of the house. He was not wet this morning or any the worse for wear. I think he enjoys the foul weather. It is sunny and cold this morning.

I took some pictures of the surrounding mountains with the snow down their flanks. You can see a clear line where the snow stopped and the rain began. I have managed to teach myself how to download pictures from the digital camera to the computer. Next I will figure out how to download them to this site.

I gained 10 pounds over the holidays so now it's back to my diet and exercise program! Ha! Such as it is. I have two weddings to go to, the first one in July, so I want to be in better condition. And, although I love to wear a bikini in the summer, I'm afraid I will have to settle for a one piece even if I do lose 10 pounds!

No comments:

Post a Comment