Tuesday, December 1, 2009

We had our first winter storm watch on Saturday night. We were supposed to get snow down to 4000' on Sunday night. Since we are at 4800' I thought the yard would be blanketed with the white stuff yesterday morning. I can't decide if I was disappointed or relieved that we did not get snow. There is something magical about waking up to a snow covered landscape. On the other hand I would have really worried about my husband driving to work in slppery conditions. Since we only got rain, the worst that happened was that I had to go out and empty feeders of water in the morning.

Sometimes I think the alpacas aren't very smart. They have a shelter but they opted to get wet during the storm. The three new boys bunched up together and cushed (laid down) next to Falkor's pen, sort of out of the wind. Prince and Tinker fought over the shelter and then neither of them stayed in it. All of them had wet backs and droopy bangs. They didn't seem to mind. On the other hand, none of the goats got wet. They either stayed inside or bunched up together in their shelter. Maybe goats just hate getting wet and alpacas don't.

I have not moved the goat does in with Falkor yet because of the weather. It is supposed to be nice again this weekend so I will try again then.

Today is the "First Day of Christmas." I am mostly finished with the shopping. I enjoy the decorating. We got the tree up and decorated after Thanksgiving. I also put out my little California Missions and other houses for my Christmas village. Our grandson is loving all this new shiny stuff. He keeps pulling ornaments off the tree and we keep putting them back on as soon as he isn't looking. I did not put any breakable ornaments on the tree just because I knew an almost 2 year old would not be able to resist them. It would take the fun out of having the tree and the ornaments if I tried to prevent him from handling things. So I don't.

Today I will be mailing my Christmas cards with letter and picture. We are planning a Christmas Eve family party with lots of cookies and hors d'oeuvres. I hope that we do get a good snow storm for Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment