Wednesday, December 23, 2009

There are some good things about waking up early. This morning I woke up at 5 am and looked outside. Big, huge snowflakes were gliding softly to earth. I don't remember getting snow this early as long as we have lived here, what, 6 years now. It did not pile up to any depth for which I am grateful. There is still a dusting in protected areas and on trees and bushes. The sky is still all cloudy and white. There may be more snow yet.

The peace and quiet is another blessing of getting up early. The babies and most adults like to sleep in. It gives me time to think and reflect or just plan my day. It makes it easier to laugh and get through the noisy, chaotic times when kids are screaming and playing and running and animals are barking or fighting or otherwise engaged in life.

I hope this snow has not been enough to damage Tinker's bandage. I don't think it has been. It looks like he stayed in the barn and only came out to do his business. There is no snow out there just a dampness. Maybe the sock on his foot was enough to keep the bandage dry. At least, that is what I am hoping.

I finished my Christmas muu-muu yesterday. Today the plan is to wrap gifts, make food and get ready for tomorrow and Christmas day. Steve has the rest of the week off. He bought some new stock panels to repair the alpaca pen and the goat pen so I hope he will be able to do that soon. The grandkids may come up for a visit while their mom does some last minute shopping. It will be a busy day and I will be worried whether or not I can get everything done. In the end, what is supposed to get done will and the rest won't be that important. And that is another benefit of waking up early.

No comments:

Post a Comment