Monday, December 21, 2009

Today was a good day at Saguaro Hill Farm. This morning Steve and I took Tinker back to the vet. It was not an easy task getting him in my SUV. I pulled and Steve pushed and Tinker finally got the idea and stood in the vehicle. He was complaining the whole way, giving us his loud "Hummmm" repeatedly. Once we got underway, he cushed and remained pretty calm.

Once at the vet, he leaped out of the car. He behaved very well, just looking around and checking out the horses who were there getting new shoes. He even let a complete stranger rub his neck and pet him.

The vet came out and removed his bandage. The smiles came out then. She was so happy and relieved. She said"It looks very good and now I know it will heal. You guys did good!" We really didn't do much except give Tinker his shots and take care of him as usual. She then put on a new bandage and a clean sock. After giving me bandages and more antibiotics, the vet sent us happily home! Thank the Lord and the vet!

We have to give him his antibiotics for another week and change the bandage once a week for about 3 weeks. Tinker should be healed by then. I'm supposed to call the vet back and let her know how he's doing, but she didn't think she would need to see him again! Hallelujah!

The propane guy came and filled up our tank today. Don't have to worry about hot water for several months. I also got my mother's Christmas card and gift today. I did a little bit of sewing. I finished a table runner for our Christmas dinner and started on my Christmas muu-muu. I feel that all things have been gathered and are ready to go for the big day. I just have to make cookies, wrap gifts, stuff stockings, clean house, prepare food, finish my muu-muu, well, you get the idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment