Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Margaret came over about 5:30 last evening. I had Tinker out of the pasture on a halter and lead. She and John made holding him look easy. John held his head and Margaret braced one leg under his chest and just lifted up his injured foot. Tinker didn't struggle or rear up or anything! Amazing!

Tinker's foot was amazing too. It still has a scab on it but it is solid and normal. There was no blood or pus or softness to indicate that it was anything but normal again! Hallelujah! I am so thankful that he is well and thankful for Margaret's help and support.

Tinker's ear was torn up pretty badly. That is a sign that Prince probably needs his fighting teeth cut . I thought they had been done a couple of years ago but maybe they weren't all in at the time. Tinker also has a few sharp fighting teeth. John and Margaret said they will come back and clip the teeth for us. I will call them on Sunday and see when would be a good time.

Tinker was not so co-operative when I took him back to the pasture after John and Margaret left. He was pulling and rearing and I had a difficult time getting the halter off. I know it was because he was anxious to get back to his duties as head honcho of the pasture but it wasn't fun for me and I will be reading up on training and handling alpacas.

I got a new digital camera for Christmas so I hope to have some time to take pictures and get them on this blog. Soon it will be 2010! Can you believe it?

No comments:

Post a Comment