Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Another week has slipped by so quickly! Our weather has gotten cooler and very windy. Today there are lots of clouds and lots of wind again.

The wind spooks some of the animals. Like right now, my daughter's dog, Lux, is trying to hide at my feet. She doesn't like the noise of the wind or all the loud unpredictable bangs that come with it.

I love the fall flowers. Steve drove me down the frontage road Sunday so I could take pictures of the sunflowers growing wild. Someone said or wrote that there used to be many more of them but some highway person got the idea that they were ugly weeds and started spraying to get rid of them. They must've missed these or don't spray the frontage roads. Even if they are weeds I still like them.

I'm still waiting for the shearer to call me back. I put in another call to him yesterday. It's starting to make me nervous this waiting. My mother said I should learn to shear the goats myself. She's probably right!

No comments:

Post a Comment