Monday, October 19, 2009

I got the pictures back on the shearing. It took place on Friday. Danny has been shearing since he was 16 years old. He did a very quick efficient job on our 6 goats.

He started with Falkor and finished with the 3 new boys. Now I have 6 more bags of fleece to find a use for.

I did find someone today who will turn my alpaca fleece into scarves or blankets in about 7 weeks. And I joined the Alpaca Blanket Project which is a project to turn US alpaca fleece into US Pendleton blankets. I am excitedly looking forward to having both of these products to sell from my farm soon.

Saturday was a fun day too. A friend and I went to the Tucson Wool Festival at Kathy Wither's Ranch. I met some very interesting people who had some great items and fleece for sale. The best part for me was seeing all of Kathy's goat kids who were born this past spring. So cute and so many colors. I do want to get a couple more does eventually. I have to get a pen built for Falkor first and a new pasture fence put up.

Anyway, enjoy the before and after shots. Go to Kathy's website to see pictures of the wool festival: www.uniquedesignsbykathy.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment