Thursday, April 30, 2009

Yesterday was supposed to be our shearing day. Unfortunately our shearer never showed up so I guess we will have to reschedule that. I was a nervous wreck all day getting ready and waiting,waiting,waiting and waiting... I wish I knew another shearer who was a little more reliable. Someone still has to shear the animals and soon. It is going to be way too hot for all the fleece they are carrying very soon. But maybe there is a reason for such things. At least I always hope that is true and yesterday it was. Our angora doe was due to have her kids any day and I was hoping it would be before shearing. Well, now it is. At 5:15 yesterday afternoon, as I gave up on the shearer ever arriving and was feeding the animals, Caramel started bleating like crazy and laid on the ground and I knew those kids were on the way! She had a beautiful boy and a girl. The girl is the tiniest goat I have ever seen. She has a white head like her sire and a chocolate body like her dame. So cute! The boy is a dirty white color, kind of like chocolate milk that you didn't put in the whole amount of Quick.

No comments:

Post a Comment