Monday, April 27, 2009

"Monday, Monday, can't trust that day..." It's here again, Monday. The weekend was very busy with cleaning pens and cutting toenails, the dog's, not the goats. I still have to do the goats. And our grandson's 5th birthday. We celebrated with a family party at our house. Great fun and my daughter did all the work! Yes! Somehow I'm still feeling exhausted though.

The new kids are growing fast. Yesterday one of the mom's and one of the kids got tangled up in an old straw hat that had blown into the pen. This was after the birthday party, so I had to go in the house and change back into "farm clothes." I don't like trying to catch goats in flip-flops and a dress! How funny would that be? I dragged my husband out too. Can't catch a kid without a little help. Anyway, I got the mom, Jenny, to come to me for a sweet cracker and managed to grab the edge of the hat brim that was circling her neck. She didn't like that much and put her head down. The hat brim slipped right off! Yahoo! One down, one to go!

Steve, that's my husband, got on one side of the herd and I got on the other side. We just started walking closer together and edging the goats we didn't want out of the way. Eventually, we cornered the little buck with the top of the hat wrapped around his neck. I grabbed him up and then noticed Jenny standing real close to me. She didn't charge me this time. It wasn't even her kid afterall, it was Bobbin's boy. When I picked him up, I couldn't believe how heavy he was. He had at least doubled his birth weight, probably more than doubled it.

No comments:

Post a Comment