Thursday, April 30, 2009

So far we have had 3 kids from Jenny (one died, 2 boys live), 2 kids from Bobbin, a boy and a girl, and a boy and a girl from Caramel. Lucy is the only one left to have her kids and since she was the last one to be bred on Dec. 29, she isn't due until May 24th. At least that is the closest I can figure. So I will have a chance to get these new ones off to a good start before going through the trauma of another birth. Believe me it is trauma! I've never been so nervous in my life as when I am waiting to see how these kids are going to come out and survive. Well, maybe when my first grandson arrived I was.

Caramel would be a good mom except for something she cannot help. That is she doesn't have an udder so she cannot nurse her kids. So that makes my job that much more scary because I have to make sure they get the nutrition and care they need to thrive and grow beautiful fleece for me. I have been able to do that so far. Thanks to lots of help from my friend Liz. She has been great and even gave me some colostrum for the new babies this morning. Thanks Liz! Colostrum is a thick yellowish milk that comes in before the real milk. It gives the kids a little extra including some immunity from diseases that they need to survive.

No comments:

Post a Comment