Saturday, April 9, 2011

Last night the I-10 Freeway was closed from the SR83 exit to the 297 Exit, which is our exit.  When I got up and went outside this morning it was eerily quite.  I could hear coyotes howling all around and the turkeys were going nuts.  The highway department removed 2 bridges or overpasses last night between 9pm and 7 am this morning.  They removed our damaged bridge and the old Marsh Station bridge west of us a few miles.  We do not know when our bridge will be rebuilt.  The Marsh Station overpass was rebuilt before they took down the old one.  


We had an especially windy day yesterday with rain in the forecast for today.  The clouds do seem to be building up behind and to the west of us but there is also still lots of open sky and sunshine.  I guess we will have to wait and pray for the rain.


The mesquite trees are starting to get leaves again.  They must sense the moisture in the air if not at their roots. 


I graduated to a whole 20 minutes on my Mobia treadclimber machine this week.  I cannot say that any weight loss has kept up.  I have been somewhat lax in sticking to my ALLI diet.  Guess I will have to try harder.


I am out of turkey and chicken feed this morning so will be sending my "donkey", as Steve calls himself, to the feed store this morning.  I do not think my alpacas are ever going to make any money for us so I have put them on Craig's list for re-homing @ $500 each.  I have had 2 calls so far. One guy wanted just one to be a companion to his horse.  I told him I did not think that was a very good idea.  Alpacas are herd animals who need other alpacas.  He heard that they were gentle animals and thought they would be good for him and his horse.  I think the horse would beat up an alpaca and I'm not sure that an alpaca alone would bond with a horse.  I think the alpaca would just be miserable and I told him that.  He was very appreciative of the info and the advice.  I didn't handle the second caller as well I'm afraid.  I could hardly understand his English and that irritated me at first.  Then, when I could understand what he was saying, he said he already had a female alpaca and he just wanted another one.  That was Ok but then he repeatedly asked me "What is the lowest you will take for one of them?"  I repeated $500 several times and he finally said OK and hung up.  I realize now that I should have asked him what was the most he was willing to pay.  Oh well, hind-sight and all that.  I intend to put another ad on Craig's List soon.  I will list the turkey's for sale first and then the alpacas.  If anyone buys an alpaca I will throw in a turkey for free.  Do you think that would be a good incentive?  LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment