Friday, April 15, 2011

I felt some pressure across my chest after lunch.  It did not go away.  About 4 pm it got worse and I had a few heart palpations.  Then my left arm and hand started tingling as if my hand had been numb and was waking up from being asleep.  I took an aspirin.  I waited for Steve to get home.  I put dinner on the table and went to take a shower.  I told Steve I thought I'd better go to the emergency room that I might be having a heart attack.  I was not in serious pain but I have read that females' heart attacks are different from men's.  And the arm getting numb and tingly made me decide to get checked out.  

Steve drove me to Benson Hospital where they immediately hooked me up to an EKG machine, took my temperature, took a chest x-ray and blood, of course.  I told them all the medications I was on, thyroid, cholesterol and recently the diet pill.  I told them how miserable my family life was, LOL, not really, but they did ask a lot of questions.  Then after about 30 minutes the doctor came in and said, " You are NOT having a heart attack!"  Thank the Lord!  What a relief!  Turns out it was the Weight Watcher's pizza I had for lunch!  No more pizza for this old lady!  Well, the doctor said I was young.  Said my heart was excellent and working better than his. A nurse gave me some pink minty concoction that relieved the pressure on my chest.  So I have GERD, gastroesophogial reflux disease!  I thought after I had my gallbladder out that I wouldn't have these kinds of food problems any more!  Boy, was I wrong!  The doctor did say that I can control it with what I eat though.  So I'll be doing some research and avoiding some foods especially pizza! Ha!  But I am very relieved that is was not worse. 

The good thing is that the diet pill is working.  As of this morning I have lost 8 pounds in only a month since I started.  It may not be the diet pill though.  I have been using my Mobia treadclimber faithfully in addition to watching what I eat.  I am out of pills now and since they cost a small fortune, I am going to continue using my Mobia and watching what I eat this month.  I will see if I continue to drop pounds without the pill.  If so then I will not buy it any more.  I am not blaming the pill for my food problems but if I can do without it so much the better.  I'll have to spend the money on Zantak instead!

This is supposed to be my farm page so I will put in a little farm news at least.  I captured Mr. Washington last night.  Chickens don't do well in the dark so I waited til dark to ambush him.  I grabbed him after the hens got out of the way and put him in the isolated pen in the barn.  He was not happy this morning.  I tried to put a pan of water in his pen but he flew at me and knocked it out of my hand.  I got soaked in the process and now he doesn't have any water.  Tomorrow will be his last morning, then it's into the roasting pot with him.  My poor hens will have some relief from his constant harassment.  Maybe the feathers on their backs will grow back.   


I got a call from the alpaca shearer yesterday.  He sounds like a really nice guy.  He confirmed our shearing day for the 21st and said he will give me a call next week to get directions etc.  After shearing comes Easter and then grandson Dan's birthday and then I'm off to California for a week.  Always something going on at Saguaro Hill!  I'm thankful that I will be around to enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment