Wednesday, April 20, 2011

The deed is done.  I won't say it was easy or done with any finesse but Mr. Washington is ready for the roasting pot.  Steve helped me clean him on Saturday morning and he now sits, "aging" as the books said to do, in the refrigerator.  I plan on roasting him today, something I am better at than butchering.  After the deed was done I vowed I would never do it again but we'll see how Mr. Washington compares with store bought chicken before I swear off butchering for good.  Still it was a gory, messing job and I did not enjoy it in the least.  

I have painted the trim around the closets and doorways in my bedroom white and stripped off the wallpaper on the third wall to be painted.  It must've been the first wall the previous owner wallpapered because it was done the most conscientiously and was the most difficult to remove.  It took several coats of wallpaper remover spray and lots of scraping.  Boy, was my arm tired!  So today I plan on finishing that with 2 coats of the blue paint that I started with.  It should be fairly easy after yesterday's tasks.  My bedroom will be finished in time for Easter!  Hallelujah!  


I am reading several books, trying to get a handle on my physical person.  The one I am working on now is called The Memory Cure.  It is supposed to tell you how to eat and live so that you can prevent getting Alzheimer's Disease.  So I am trying to lose weight, manage my GERD and prevent Alzheimer's!  Fun, fun!  Seems like eating correctly is the main thing for all three problems.  I hope to order a book or two about GERD from Amazon this week.  Friday is weigh-in day for me.  I have not used the diet pills this week so will see how I did without them.


Tomorrow is shearing day for the alpacas.  We will be having a new guy do it this year.  I am hoping that this will be the last year too as I am trying to sell the alpacas.  I will try to get pictures of that to post for you.


I guess I should not complain about the wind here in light of the horrible tornadoes that have taken lives and destroyed property to the east of us.  However, I did take some pictures of the wind handling my laundry on Monday.  Mornings are usually calm and beautiful then about 10 or 11 am the wind starts and blasts everything!  I make sure I water the garden, such as it is, in the mornings because the afternoon wind just sucks the moisture out of everything.  We are almost 3 inches behind in our normal rainfall here.  The weather people are calling it a severe drought in our area.  Meanwhile up in North Dakota they are getting flooded by the Red River.  We all have trials to overcome in this life, don't we?

No comments:

Post a Comment