Saturday, March 5, 2011

What a difference a day or two makes.  We went from snow to 80 degrees in less than 2 days!  It has been sunny and warm all week.  I am still working on my bathroom.  I returned some pictures to the wall and have started stripping the wall around the sink and mirror.  I also bought a space saver today for more storage.  Steve is putting that together later today.  

I am very surprised that the paint color under the old wall paper is almost the same as the new color I am painting the bathroom.  There is original wall paper that is an ugly brown and orange , very '70s, under the old paint.  The old blue paint also has these little red and blue stenciled tulips around the edge of everything.  It takes an extra coat of paint over those before I paint the wall.  I also have decided to paint the trim white instead of leaving it the original beige it is at the moment.  I think it will brighten up everything and make it cleaner looking.  I got a white space saver for that reason also.  I got new white frames for my fairy pictures and am very happy with the way they look now.

My wayward hen has returned home.  Unfortunately for her, the other chickens don't like her any more.  I put her in the pen without Mr. Washington because I thought he was the reason she flew the coop in the first place.  She didn't like being with the other hens any better and promptly flew out again.  Then we had a merry chase.  Buddy does not like or understand any animal not in the right place so he captures them and waits for me to put them back where they belong.  He pounced on the wayward hen and licked her til I came and rescued her.  She was not so anxious to escape from me after that.  I put her in with the hens again.  The next day I noticed that she had a bloody spot on one of her wings.  Then I saw two hens chase her into a corner and proceed to peck at her sore spot.  Once again, I rescued her .  This time I placed her in a kennel between the two chicken pens.  She is inside and does not have access to outside right now.  I'm hoping that she will get healed and then I will try putting her out front in the goat pasture with my two really old bittys (hens).  There are only the two of them and it is more open out there so maybe she will feel more like she is free again and stay there.  

My alpacas have been pretty calm lately too.  Thank the good Lord!  They still have an occasional spinning match but not much running or screaming.  I got a picture of the four of them having breakfast.  Prince is the official "boss" now and so he still stays a little apart from the rest of them.  I fed them along the fence this morning.  They were all in the other side of the pasture and I brought the hay through the house yard instead of through the alpaca pasture so they did not really have the easy option of just following me to the food.  They were on one side of the fence and I was on the other .  They had to figure out that they had to go through the barn to get to where I was.  Prince was the first to figure it out and came running through.  Cimarron followed shortly afterwards.  It took Stewie and Kardigan quite a while to figure it out. I had gone back in the barn and fed the chickens before they were all eating their feed.  That's when I took the picture.  I love it when everything and everybody are in harmony!

No comments:

Post a Comment