Sunday, March 20, 2011

We are having an absolutely gorgeous spring day!  I just want to run out and plant flowers everywhere!  I cleaned out my pots of all their dead dried up plantings from last year.  I have some seeds started in the Arizona room and I planted my lily-of-the-valley rhizomes in a pot this morning.

The alpacas grazed peacefully while I worked and cleaned up pots this morning.  Frankie climbed on top on his new shelter.  That seems to be his spot now.  He spends the night up there too.  

Loki got stuck up a tree this morning when he tried to come in the house and Lux was still out.  Loki wanted to come in the house but didn't realize until too late that Lux was out and not Penny.  Lux was pretty diligent and would not give up her post.  Loki jumped down from the tree when I opened the back door but was not quick enough to get inside before Lux was on him.  He made a mad dash toward the fence and up and over he ran to safety.  Lux got her thrill and a bit of exercise for the day. Loki was a little peeved at me later when I saw him in the barn but otherwise unhurt.


We may try to move the Royal Palm turkeys today.  I am thinking of putting Mr. Washington in the stew pot.  He has become very aggressive and tries to attack me every time I have to go in the pen with food or to get eggs.  He is a formidable opponent.  I always keep the feed bucket between us so that he cannot actually make contact with my legs but lately he is slowing down and looking more closely to see if he can get under or around that bucket.  He is such a handsome guy. Too bad his temperament doesn't match his looks.  Maybe he would mellow if he was in a bigger pen.  I don't know.  Maybe we will try to move him before we put him in the pot.


My daughter and her family have returned from their Spring Break trip to California.  They brought me some starfish to add to my new bathroom decor.  They'll be up today.  I have missed the grands.  Steve will bbq London broil and salmon.  Can't wait!  Yummmy!

T

No comments:

Post a Comment