Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St. Patty's Day Everyone!  Are you wearin' the green?  I am.  I got a cute little peasant top in bright green at Walmart for about $6.  I don't wear green alot so the price was right and it's comfortable!

I want to mention the catastrophe in Japan just because it is so overwhelming.  I cannot really get my head around the mass destruction of property and loss of life.  On the other hand, as a student of geology, the forces that caused the quake and the tsunami are totally awesome.  I mean to move an island 8 feet and change the topography!  It is totally amazing  and breath-taking to say the least.  I wake up every morning thinking of those poor people and thank the Lord that our humble home is still standing, that we have running water and electricity and that we have food on the store shelves and at home.  

I finally finished the damn bathroom!  What a relief!  It is not perfect, as I am not a professional painter, but it is better than it was before I painted.  The next project will be painting the master bedroom but I am not ready to start that just yet.  We are having fabulous weather and I thought I would try to get some outside work done.  My asparagus ferns that have been outside all winter are totally brown and dead.  I know from years before that if I cut out all the dead stuff, the plants will start sending up new shoots and will get just as full and big as before.  So I want to do that and clean out the bird baths and fill them up again.  Steve and I were sitting out last evening when a loud buzzing sound startled us.  There was a hummingbird just hovering almost in our faces as if to say, "We're back!"  I love the little hummers!

Our neighborhood is being inconvenienced for awhile.  There is really only one way in and out of our neighborhood and that is over the exit bridge #297 to the I-10.  The day before yesterday 2 tractor trailers collided under that bridge and exploded into flame.  No one was killed but the bridge was so severely damaged that it has been closed to traffic.  Yesterday they weren't even letting traffic go under the bridge.  People had to exit the freeway, cross over and down the other side.  Eastbound traffic, coming from Tucson, backed up for over 7 miles.  People, like Steve, going east had to exit and head west toward Tucson, take the next exit and turn around to get back on the I-10 to go to Sierra Vista.  Steve said the bridge is still blocked this morning.  On the news, they said it may be closed for some time until they can assess the damage.  I don't know how people who live in J-6 are getting home.  They must have to go to Empirita and turn around.  What a hassle!

I took some pictures of my favorite cat, Loki, with my favorite flowers, African Violets, on the window sill.  Enjoy the pics and have a great St. Patty's Day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment