Saturday, July 24, 2010

We had rain again last evening and looks like we will again today.  Lux, our border collie mix, got mixed up with our giant green desert frogs.  It is pitiful to see and you would think the dog would learn to stay away from them!  But she continues to grab and shake them while they play dead and secrete their poison foam into her mouth.  She then gets all wobbly and bug-eyed.  I'm sure she cannot even see while under the influence of the poison.  We then try to hose out her mouth with water and get the foam out and off of her feet while she fights and struggles against our attempts to save her pathetic hide.  Then we feed her copious amounts of milk which she actually seems to like even in her stupefied state.  Once the milk starts doing its good work, she usually starts acting like herself again and the crisis is passed.  I just wish she'd learn to leave the dang frogs alone! 

I also shrieked as I turned the water on for the dog as two big tarantulas ran away from the faucet!  I had a dress on, the hem down to the ground, I didn't want any big hairy spider crawling up that skirt!  OOH!  Gives me the willies! Ha!


We also had a beautiful rainbow after the rain right over the house.  Pretty cool!


I have packed up some of my alpaca fleece for shipping to the Alpaca Blanket Project.  I went around to the various shipping companies yesterday to find who will ship it for the least amount of cash.  Looks like the USPS wins.  One store did have the 12 x 12 x12 inch boxes that another mill asked to ship fleeces in.  I was amazed at the cost of the box, $5.47, just for the box!  Then this company wanted four times that much to ship the box.  They said they were faster than the good old USPS, but please!  How much faster could it possibly be to justify that much money!  So, as I am not in a big hurry, I will use the USPS.  I want to get a few more fleeces skirted and boxed up so I will probably try to get that done while I am waiting for payday to roll around on Thursday.  Sometimes it is darn inconvenient not having credit cards anymore, but the inconvenience is far outweighed by the fact that stuff is paid for up front and I no longer have to worry about that costly monthly payment hanging over my head.

I al

No comments:

Post a Comment