Wednesday, July 7, 2010

The air conditioner was fixed and it is much more comfortable in the house now.  We did not have to get a new system...yet.  The technician informed me that we will have to get a whole new system eventually because no one is manufacturing old ones like ours anymore, nor are they making the parts.  So he suggested that I start saving for a new system and call him when we are ready to install it.  I said, "Yeah, right!  Every time I try to save for something, another disaster happens and there goes the money!" He just laughed and said he knew all about that!

It was somewhat cloudy when I got up today.  The weatherman says we have a chance of rain and that the monsoon should really hit this weekend.  I hope the monsoon hits harder than it did last year, but maybe I should be careful what I wish for! ha!

I am still bottle feeding Casper.  I will be supplementing his diet until the end of September when he will be 4 months old.  By then he should be eating hay and pellets just like all the other goats.  I have decided that all the goats need to be out in pastures now instead of being penned up by the barn.  Steve and I got some supplies on Monday to make this happen.  We plan on dividing the alpaca barn and putting the female goats, Little Bones and Caramel, in that area along with Mouth, a wether, and Casper, the new kid.  I decided to put Stewie and Prince, alpacas, in the other field next to the buck pen.  I'm afraid if I try to put them in the back with Tinker, Kardigan and Cimarron, they will still try to fight each other even if the pasture is divided.  It will be better to put them where they cannot see each other.  

The turkeys are getting so big that they are feeling crowded.  That is another reason to move the goats.  I will put the turkeys in the larger goat pen until I can get Prince and Stewie into their new pasture.  By then the Delaware chicks will be ready to move to a larger pen and the turkeys can be moved to the old alpaca pen.  Eventually all the poultry will be put in the same pen.  

I am also hoping to get my alpaca fleece screen/sorter made this weekend.  I really need to get the fleeces sorted and ready to ship if I am going to get them to the Alpaca Blanket Project this year.  It is not a difficult item to make so I will make sure Steve does it.  Then I can start my task.  With the economy going the way it is, any source of revenue will be a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment