Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy Fourth of July!!!

Happy Fourth of July!  We celebrated yesterday because the City of Benson had their fireworks display last night instead of having it on Sunday.  We bbq'd hamburgers, hotdogs and bratwurst.  I made a macaroni salad and someone brought apple pie.  We all went swimming and everyone went to the fireworks except me.  I never go to the fireworks any more.  I prefer to stay home and keep an eye on the animals and have a little quiet time.

This morning we have lots of moisture in the air.  It was almost foggy when I went for my walk at 5 am.  It reminded me of the coast, the "marine layer" that comes in off the ocean.  I really enjoyed my cool morning walk.  Then I fed the animals and decided to take some pictures.  Someone asked about Stewie and Little Bones so I took some new shots of them.  The turkeys are bigger still and so are the Delaware chicks.  I don't know if you can really tell how much the chicks have grown.

There was a big jack rabbit on the other side of Stewie's pen.  I took a couple of pictures of him, but since I was facing the sun, I couldn't see him very well in the viewfinder.

Of course, there is always a little dirt around to mess up a perfect day.  Our air conditioner went out yesterday.  So money I was planning on spending for new fence and other stuff for the animals will have to be spent on getting the air fixed.  I think we just need a whole new system which will cost even more, but I think we just got this fixed less than a year ago and here it is broken again.  Oh well!  At least we can cool off in the pool and we can survive, even live well without the AC.  I know because we did it most of last summer.  Maybe we can get a tax credit or something if we get a new system.  We'll see!

Hope you all have a great Fourth and remember the people and veterans who made it possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment