Monday, June 7, 2010

It wasn't any cooler today than it was yesterday.  I filled water buckets several times.  We were under a heat advisory all day.

I forgot to say that Steve and I also clipped the wings on the young turkeys before we moved them to their new pen.  This is to prevent them from flying out and getting injured or killed by predators.  They were outside this morning checking out their new surroundings but went back inside as soon as it heated up. 

We also have a nest full of young swallows.  I can see about five little heads peeking over the edge of the nest.  Unfortunately, one has lost its life already from falling out of the nest.  They look pretty stressed from the heat too.   


I am going away for about 7 days.  I am flying to Colorado to visit some good friends.  I will take lots of pictures and tell you all about the Este's Park Wool Festival and whatever else we do when I get back.  Not to worry about the animals or grandkids.  Steve is staying home from work this week to take care of all of them.  I trust he will do an excellent job.

No comments:

Post a Comment