Tuesday, June 1, 2010

It has been 2 weeks since I had my surgery and the new baby goat is a week old already!  Our weather has been sunny and clear but windy, windy, windy every day.

We had a very busy weekend starting with a dinner out on Saturday to celebrate our son's birthday.  He turned 28!  We went to a place we have not been before called the "Hog's Pit BBQ."  We had delicious pulled pork, ribs and sausage.  They also had an awesome side dish called "calabalacia" or something like that.  It was zucchini, peppers and corn fried up with lots of spices.  I had never had it before and it was great.  Then, on Sunday, we had everyone at our house to celebrate Sandy's 30th birthday.  We BBQ'd our own shish-ka-bobs made of big hunks of chicken, beef and vegetables all marinaded in pineapple juice and soy sauce.  We also had wild rice and yellow cake for dessert.  Everyone got to go swimming (except me cuz of my surgery) and a good time was had by all.

On Monday, our good friends who live in northern Arizona came to visit and have lunch with us.  They brought us a spring-type rocking horse that they made for the grand kids.  It is a replica of a horse that I used to ride as a kid.  I had forgotten all about it until  we saw one in an antique shop the last time we were visiting these friends in northern Arizona.  The original one was red but our friend thought brown would be more like a real horse.  It is just a wonderful gift and the grands love it already!

So today I am pretty tired but did take some pictures and got some work clothes ironed for my husband.  I have started feeding the animals again, although technically, I suppose I should not be lifting anything for at least another week.  

I did not forget it was also Memorial Day and decorated for the birthdays accordingly with red, white and blue balloons, flowers and a red star spangled table cloth.  I always remember my Dad and my father-in-law, who both served in the Air Force and the Korean War.  And, my husband, who also served 20 years in the Air Force.  Thanks to all of them and all the other young men and women who served us all and preserve our freedom to this day.

No comments:

Post a Comment